[Guide] Reverting back to old Android market

I installed the latest Android market as soon as it was leaked on XDA, at first glance it did look good, but later I missed the old Android market, not only because I was used to it, but I use EDGE and it takes forever for Android market to load while using it, it opens fast enough when I am using Wi-Fi, but I am always travelling and keep downloading new applications so I decided to revert back to the old Android market, and thought that you guys must be going through the same, so I decided to write a guide about it.

Well there are three ways to go back to your old Android market, follow the methods below:

I tried this method but when I rebooted my phone the new market was back. So go through this procedure if you are looking to download something fast and need old Android market quickly.

Go to Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > Select to view All > Go down to where your Android market is and select itNow inside the Market settings select “Uninstall updates”Follow the prompts and press OKPress home and open Android MarketIt will show you a screen with the Android market terms and conditions, Accept itWait till it loads and takes you into the old Android market

I read this method somewhere, did not actually do it, but thought of sharing.

Download an application called aTrackDog from hereAfter installing the application, open it up and uninstall Android Market from itSwitch off your phone and turn it back on, Now you will be able to see the old Android market

This is the procedure which I performed though I never rebooted my phone after doing it so I am not sure whether the new market comes back or not.

Download Market.apk and updater.apkCopy both these application to the root of your SD card (Not in any folder)Using Root Explorer application mount system as RWOpen the folder named app inside the system folderDelete applications with filename “Vending.APK” and “MarketUpdater.APK”Now go into the folder named data inside a folder named data (Yes I know)Delete files “com.android.vending” and “com.android.vending.updater”After doing the above procedures switch off the phone and switch it back onReopen Root Explorer application and again mount file system as RWNow copy the file named “Updater.APK” from your SDcard to /System/appSwitch off and switch on your phone againAgain remount the file system as RWNow this time copy “Market.APK” from SDcard to /System/appReboot the phone and now you will have the old Android market, Enjoy.Related Posts with Thumbnails

View the original article here

0 comments: